Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ham & Cheese Omnomelet

On the weekends I sometimes like to make a big breakfast for my hubby & serve it to him in bed. I kinda got out of the habit once we started Weight Watchers because I hadn't gotten a good handle yet on how to make delicious food that didn't cost a ridiculous amount of Points. But I have since learned the many secrets of making fabulous meals for very little. 

This morning I decided to make ham & cheese omelets with toasted English muffins. Jamie (hubby) named it the Omnomelet.

Ham & Cheese Omnomelet
Points: 2/serving. Makes: 2 servings.

1 cup Egg Beaters
3 slices of Canadian bacon (I use the Jones Dairy Farm brand, but the slices should be about coaster sized) chopped
1 slice fat-free American cheese cut into strips
Pam cooking spray
salt & pepper

In a skillet (I used a square one) over med-high heat, coat with cooking spray. Once warmed, pour in Egg Beaters, salt & pepper as desired, add chopped bacon. Allow eggs to set. Once set, start on one side & start folding omelet over about 2" intervals. Lay cheese strips across the middle & continue folding. Be sure all eggs are set before doing this or it will fall apart (a good way to tell is that the eggs are coming away from the sides of the skillet). Cut in half & serve immediately.

Serve with 1 Point worth of English muffin or high fiber toast coated generously with spray butter if desired. Adding the bread adds to the Pointage.

No comments:

Post a Comment