Sunday, May 9, 2010

Starbucks Revisited.

It's been a busy weekend. I haven't had time to cook, or even eat anything diet-friendly. But I have had time for Starbucks.

Now, I don't want to come off as one of those pretentious elitists who sit around at Starbucks with their Macbooks & in-store mug cappuccinos. I'm really not. Actually, I think Starbucks coffee is really sub-par. But they have fancy drinks & can do a lot more than other coffee places to make things a little lighter.

In the previous post I mentioned Splenda Fiber. It really is a great thing to have handy when you're Weight Watching, or in general. I mean, people really don't get enough fiber in their diet & if you're not wanting to chow down on that cardboard-tasting bran muffin, a sweet little latte with 3 grams of fiber is nothing to shake a stick at! Or something like that... I made a discovery yesterday before trekking two counties away to perform a wedding that I can get a Iced Venti Skinny Vanilla Latte, sugar-free (the barista said Skinny meant non-fat & sugar free, but I don't know if all locations practice that) & add 4 packets of Splenda Fiber, gets me a giant 1 point nomnom. Now, I will say this about the Splenda Fiber: it doesn't dissolve in cold beverages the way regular sweetener does... it actually clumps up like corn starch & if you're not careful you'll suck up a big glob of it through your straw. So lots & lots of stirring, unfortunately, unless it's not busy & the barista will let you add it halfway through her making it.

So just a recap: if you love your coffee - you don't have to give it up. There are ways to work it in at minimal expense to your Daily Points or waistline. Sugar can be hard to ween from, but it only takes a few days of slowly adding the 0 cal alternative. Then adding the fiber will make it easier to enjoy more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment