Thursday, May 6, 2010

Starbucks

Before we started our diet, I bought bottled Frappuccinos by the case. We loved them! However, at 4 points a bottle it was no longer feasible to be drinking them & it was a sad, sad day. Though there was a light at the end of my Frappuccino-less tunnel, as the Fates would have it I found New! Frappuccino Lights at Giant on sale. 100 calories & 60% less sugar than the original. Whipped out my crack-ulator, low & behold! 2 Points! After 7 months of training my stomach to work with my Daily allotment, I could EASILY reason 2 Points worth of sweet coffee goodness. Huzzah! Now to get Costco to sell them by the case...

Also, apparently, the actual Starbucks stores now have Light blended Frappuccinos. They're about 160 calories, the Weight Watchers app puts them at 3 Points... though after ordering one I saw that they use the regular syrup flavoring. I think if the sugar-free syrup option was requested, along with no whip or caramel/chocolate drizzle... it might make it leaner still. Regardless, I had one yesterday & it was pretty good (oddly foamy though.)

Lastly, I will tell you about my incorporation of Splenda with Fiber into my coffee shop trysts. Starbucks advertises their Tall Skinny Vanilla Latte as 90 calories; if you add 3 packets of Splenda with Fiber, you're adding 3 grams of fiber to your coffee... weird? But you go from a 2 Point latte to a 1 Point indulgence!

Dieting doesn't have to be work, make IT work for YOU!
Be creative & don't give up! You can have your coffee & drink it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment